I'm very excited that spring break is this week. While I have nothing exciting planned, I will be getting caught up on laundry and reading and doing some baking! I've been finding such great recipes that I want to try and freeze up so I can have some fun pre-workout treats! I'm so obsessed with finding recipes! I just wish I had the time and money to make all of them! lol Here is one that I've been crazy obsessed over this week!
This is from Chocolate-covered Katie: Cake Batter Energy Bars
- 1 cup rice crispies (brown or white, or certified gf) (30g)
- packed 1/2 cup oat flour (70g) (Or make your own by grinding rolled oats in the food processor until they turn into a fine powder. Measure after blending.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp roasted cashew butter (see nutrition link below, for all substitution notes)
- 5 tbsp agave (Honey will work, but is not for strict vegans.) (See nutrition link for substitutions)
- optional: a handful of sprinkles
- optional: replace up to half of the oat flour with your favorite protein powder
Combine all dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate (large) bowl, combine wet and stir to form a thin paste. (If your cashew butter is cold, warm it a little for easier mixing.) Pour dry into wet (not the other way around), and stir until evenly coated. Line a baking dish or tupperware container with a large piece of wax paper and pour the mixture into the dish. Fold the extra paper over the mixture and squish down as hard as you possibly can! Use a heavy object to really press it down. (The mixture will fill a 7×5, or about 2/3 of an 8×8.) Stick in the fridge or freezer to harden before cutting into bars. Store in the fridge or freezer. Makes 6 bars.
Some possible other options for future months are:
- coffee creamer
- cool whip
- pancake mix
This is something I'm going to continue thinking about... there honestly are not a whole lot of processed items in my life, but i'm always looking for ways to improve!
I'm still going strong with my ab challenge and BBL... moving onto Body Beast on the 25th! SO pumped! I hope everyone has a great Sunday and an awesome Spring Break (for those in school)!! =)
Be sure to check out my FaceBook page for news, tips, pics, and updates!!