Many people are asking, what's T25? It is the infamous Shaun T's (Insanity) new program! All of the workouts are just 25 minutes followed by a 3 minute cooldown. This is his new weapon to demolish excuses. Now originally I was doing a CLX/LMC hybrid but then this came out and I wanted to give it a try since most of the LMC workouts are 30+ minutes. Since I have the time before school, I've been doing doubles... following the CLX schedule plus T25. It's working great! I'm getting stronger and feeling leaner. Now I can't really post my results because they are a combo of lifting and cardio and not solely the results of T25.
Most of you know my hatred towards cardio lol... Insanity destroyed my knees and shoulders so even though Shaun T says to NOT compare this program to Insanity, I had to.... how can you not? He's the king of intense cardio lol (and BTW he does recycle some Insanity moves into this program lol). I'm incorporating cardio because unfortunately the best way to banish fat is to incorporate heavy lifting with intense cardio. So, first thing is while it is still intense cardio, it is ALL modifiable. Those who did Insanity remember Tania ("The Machine") and probably hated her because she was amazing at everything lol... well she's BACK and in T25!! However, SHE is the modifier! She had a baby, gained weight, and lost it all with T25. Her modified moves are amazing because you still get the intensity and the burn, but without all of the jumping. I just throw in some jumping when I feel strong enough and stop as soon as it hurts. Most of the workouts, except ab intervals, have burned 250+ calories so even with modifying some moves, you'll get a fantastic burn! Within the workouts are points called "The Burnout"... this is where Shaun T will repeat some of the moves you previously did in the workout but he expects you to give more intensity and go 110%.
I'm currently in the Alpha phase (There are Alpha, Beta, and Gamma phases), so here are the workouts:
- Alpha: Cardio - This is the first workout you'll do and boy is it crazy! Nonstop cardio. A lot of lunges, jumping, leg work and sprinting.
- Alpha: Speed 1.0 - This workout is great because he works on speed and agility but filters in some stretches between the moves.
- Alpha: Total Body Circuit - This workout requires me to modify quite a bit. It's filled with a lot of push-ups and plank work with lots of squats and focus on abs.
- Alpha: Ab Intervals - This is another workout that I have to modify some moves because I have a hard time staying in that "V" position for awhile. I have done many ab workouts and I feel like this one isn't as intense as it should be. I do however, like the workouts in the last 10 minutes. He incorporates "cardio recovery" in-between the moves where you get up and sprint, kick or do mountain climbers.
- Alpha: Lower Focus - While most of the program works your lower body, this one pays extra attention to that booty! You'll find Insanity's low, pulse squats in this one. This one is filled with squats and lunges.
- Stretch - Love, love, LOVE this one!!! It's SO important to get an extra stretch in at least once a week and this one is fantastic. He makes you work, some of it hurts but you'll love it afterwards! And the pigeon stretch at the end makes it all worth it!
I hope this helps anyone that was on the fence about it or was curious what Focus T25 was. I'll keep you all posted when I do some of the Beta workouts!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer! Remember to hydrate!!! [with water of course ;) ]